Saturday, 7 May 2011
Saturday May 7th
Warm! Bright sun! Last full sea day before we start hitting a port each day. Around 1 pm there was a sudden silent sort of sensation, and the captain announced that there was some sort of breaker problem in the engine room, and the ship lost propulsion... they were able to turn the ship (into the waves?) to minimize rolling motion, but we basically drifted for about 15 minutes while the problem was fixed. I asked Bernie how long it would take for us to drift to shore, and he thought we'd probably move along with one of the big currents (I forget which!) that would take us toward Africa and then eventually back toward Florida.... I believe he said it would take a few years..... I'm pretty sure we'd be low on food by then..... but luckily it was a quick fix and within minutes the captain announced that we were underway once more. Whew!
Salad lunch (with dessert!), sun time and reading on pool deck, clocks moved ahead AGAIN - nap, dinner (Greens with gorgonzola, grilled chicken with broccoli and carrots, caramelized pear mille feuille). Early to bed to prepare for port visit tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment