Monday, 2 May 2011

Monday May 2nd


Slept till nine! Calm seas and fresh air really make me sleepy!
Skipped breakfast because we had been invited to a Mariner's Brunch - special meal for those who have sailed with Holland America before. Free wine with brunch (apple/pear gazpacho, white fish, banana in puff pastry)made up for the tablemates we were seated with - one in particular had no qualms about telling us how over the top intelligent she was, how she had to take meds to keep her calmed down, how she did or didn't get along with her co-workers - she was a nut case, and her husband was pleasant, laid back and low key - perhaps he was on meds as well! It was interesting though, and made us grateful for the tablemates we have at dinner time.
The clocks moved ahead at 2 pm, but I didn't notice, since I was reading/napping on the pool deck. I spoke with Tina, who said they were going to be put ashore at the first port, where Louis would be taken to the hospital and assessed before flying home. Louis apparently says he's going to tie himself to the bed..... I'm not sure they have a choice, since the ship can't really take care of him. Sad.
Dinner was lovely as usual - melon soup, shrimp entree, strawberries with ice cream and Grand Marnier.... more interesting tales from the questionable ones...
Good entertainment, in bed by midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment