then we gathered in a lounge and waited for the announcement of
'Green Tag #2'. We scanned our keycards for the last time and down the gangway
we went. Again we took the very efficient SkyTrain to the airport, said goodbye
to Vancouver....
.....and this is how we felt about that!
It was a beautiful clear day flying over the mountains, but
unfortunately I was not near a window to take photos of the gorgeous
mountaintops peeking through the clouds. Or, fortunately I was not near a window, where the bright light above the clouds hurts my eyes - I had dropped my clip on sunglasses somewhere between leaving the ship and boarding the plane!
An uneventful flight landed in Ottawa at 9 pm. Grandpa retrieved the van from the parking lot, we piled the luggage in, took our seats and drove home. Sigh. It was a lovely week.
When asked to describe the adventure, here is what the kids had to say:
Logan:
An uneventful flight landed in Ottawa at 9 pm. Grandpa retrieved the van from the parking lot, we piled the luggage in, took our seats and drove home. Sigh. It was a lovely week.
When asked to describe the adventure, here is what the kids had to say:
Logan:
- The bread in the Lido was great. (he loved being able to choose from a number of varieties for his lunchtime sandwich)
- The Recycled Percussion was good. (that is an understatement!)
- Swimming (he couldn't get enough of that)
- The room stewards were very efficient. (in reference to one of his favorite jokes as told by the cruise director - apparently if you get up at night to go to the bathroom, when you come back to your bed, you will find it has been made.)
- Complaint: No lemonade at breakfast... there should be lemonade all day.
- The shore excursions were awesome.
Jodie:
I went swimming in a very very wavy pool. I did the polar bear plunge with ice cubes in the water. I panned for gold. I went on a train up to the top of the mountain and on the way down I saw a black bear. In the fall the tour guides on the train had to jump into the water. Walking through the rain forest, there was a chance of seeing a bear. There was a bear’s den in a tree. The guide said the smallest kids had to crawl into it to see if there was a bear.
Logan asked at one point if the crew were allowed to swim in the pool, because he thought it would be a great place to work!
So now, back to routine, and we'll see what sort of vacation we can plan for Jodie when she turns 10!
Jodie:
I went swimming in a very very wavy pool. I did the polar bear plunge with ice cubes in the water. I panned for gold. I went on a train up to the top of the mountain and on the way down I saw a black bear. In the fall the tour guides on the train had to jump into the water. Walking through the rain forest, there was a chance of seeing a bear. There was a bear’s den in a tree. The guide said the smallest kids had to crawl into it to see if there was a bear.
Logan asked at one point if the crew were allowed to swim in the pool, because he thought it would be a great place to work!
So now, back to routine, and we'll see what sort of vacation we can plan for Jodie when she turns 10!

No comments:
Post a Comment